The College will
- Value each individual.
- Encourage students to set for themselves the highest possible standards of achievement in everything that they do, to value academic excellence and to develop a love of learning whilst at College and in preparation for further and higher education/employment.
- To provide information, advice and support to students to help them make the right choices with regard to their future educational and employment needs.
- Provide a range of extra-curricular opportunities and experience within the sixth form and outside college that will enrich the curriculum.
- Encourage students to make maximum use of their time and develop their time-management skills.
- Monitor and review student performance regularly and set academic targets.
- Develop a close and mutually supportive partnership with parents in the educational and personal development of our young people.
As a student I will:
- Respect and positively contribute to the College ethos.
- Attend College between 8.55 and 3.15 daily*.
- Maintain good attendance (target 97%).
- Wear the code of dress as issued and displayed on the College Website / planner.
- Work to the best of my ability at all times.
- Behave in an adult and mature way.
- Be respectful of other members of the College and community.
- Ensure that all work is completed and handed in on time.
- Meet Targets set.
- Attend and be punctual for all timetabled lessons, tutor periods, directed study periods, assemblies and other collective actsof worship. Any absence must be accounted for.
- Comply with any extra-curricular demands necessary to the course of study, e.g. attend field studies and engage in Enrichment days/Programme
- Meet examination board requirements
- Achieve a satisfactory** standards in Key Assessments and Examinations (**Target grade)
- Not engage in outside activities to the detriment of my studies, including excessive paid employment.
- Refrain from anti-social or illegal behaviour.
- Refrain from smoking in College or near the College grounds
- Use College equipment and facilities appropriately
- ‘Sign Out’ with appropriate permission if I need to leave College throughout the day.
- ‘Sign In’ if I am unavoidably late to College