All Hallows provides an outstandingly broad and balanced curriculum for the development of the whole child. Catholic education seeks to provide a holistic experience which provides for the social, moral, spiritual, academic and cultural aspects of human development. This curriculum is underpinned by our Christian values and our Catholic way of life.
An enriched learning experience is provided through a special focus on:
- An exploration of Faith, Values and Virtues (Outstanding denominational inspection, RE Gold Quality Mark)
- Ethical Business and Social Enterprise (DfE Specialism)
- Languages (DfE Specialism, Working towards Confucious Classroom accreditation for Chinese teaching)
- The International Dimension (International School Award)
- Learning Outside the Classroom (Member of School Farms Network)
- Dyslexia Friendly Teaching (BDA Dyslexia Friendly Quality Mark)
- Member of the National Association for Able Children (Currently working towards the NACE Challenge Award).
- Success for All (Inclusion Quality Mark)
Follow the menu to find out more about these specialist aspects of our curriculum.
What Ofsted said about the curriculum:
‘The curriculum is a real strength of the college. It is designed to meet the needs of students, ensure rapid progression for them, prepare them for the next phase in their education or training and it also ensures that they are prepared for life in modern Britain. It develops their basic skills as well as those they will rely on in the future, for example, working with others, problem solving, information and communication technology and their social skills. It provides excellent opportunities for academic and personal development. There are many additional opportunities for students to pursue their interests and develop new ones, as well as experience the cultures of other countries. December 2014